Wednesday, April 22, 2009

See's Candies

Print Friendly and PDF

When I received my box of See's candy in the mail, I had great intentions of not only enjoying it piece by piece, but had plans to create a dessert with some of the candy. Unfortunately, I didn't communicate that desire with my husband who, while I was away in England, decimated all but what you can see in the photograph above. In a way, I suppose that is a great endorsement for a nearly 90 year old candy company who uses only the finest ingredients for their vast assortment of candies. You can read more about See's Candies history here.

See's Candies is based in South San Francisco with a second location in Los Angeles and has retail stores in most of the states West of the Mississippi. The company has a easily navigated website for online shopping and offers fundraising opportunities for schools and other organizations. I lived in Illinois for several years and remember drooling over the candies displayed in the gleaming white shop's windows especially around the Holidays. Gifts of See's candies were treasured by everyone.

In my box of chocolates, there was an assortment of mixed milk and dark chocolates, some with nuts and toffee along with some white chocolate pieces. "The chocolates were the best I've ever eaten", my husband said. That's impressive coming from a connoisseur of chocolates who has at least one piece of dark chocolate every day.

See's has something sweet for everyone's taste.

1 comment:

Eliana said...

Haha. Had I left the chocolates my boyfriend would have devoured them as well.

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.