Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lemon Cup Custard

Print Friendly and PDF
This mild, unassuming custard that Bridgit chose created a firestorm of comments from a large number of the Tuesday with Dorie bakers and I almost didn't make it, but I love custard in any way, shape or form and anything lemon! Having said that, I nearly botched making the custard! No problems with the preparation, that went well. In addition to steeping the milk with the lemon zest, for a more natural lemon flavor,I also rubbed lemon zest into the sugar as Dorie suggested in the comment section.

The error came when I baked the custards. Not having the proper size roasting pan, I used a thick ceramic baking pan and place a cloth napkin instead of paper towels in the bottom of the dish. Needless to say, It took forever to cook! I pulled the pan from the oven after an hour even though it was not quite set. To cover my crime, I removed the custards to a bowl, whisked the mixture some and poured it in some small dessert glasses. The consistency didn't matter at all! It was delicious. The lemon flavor was subtle and light as was the custard. Perfect!

6 comments:

Teanna said...

So glad you liked it! I loved this as well! I like that last photo with the lemon sitting on top of the shot glass! So pretty!

chocolatechic said...

I love your first picture.

Gorgeous.

Amanda said...

Love your cup and presentation. I followed the directions to a "T" and still had to cut back to 40 min max. At least you finally finished!

mike said...

Mine took a long time too - the full 45 minutes, but still could have been cooked longer... hm. But they look fantastic! Love the photos - very creative!

TeaLady said...

I also liked the subtle lemon flavor. Kind of. Yours looks nice and light. Love the second pic. Lemon gave it all.

Isabelle said...

j'aime tes présentations très raffinées :) j'ai adoré cette crème mais je les aime toutes de toutes façons !

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.