Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fresh Ginger Chocolate Cake-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF

Heather from Sherry Trifle chose a very straightforward chocolate cake laden with three forms of ginger-freshly grated, ground and stem ginger. I'm sure there are some embellishments that can be done with this cake, but I saw no reason to "mess with a good thing", so to speak. Stem ginger can be ordered online which I had no time to do or can be purchased at an Oriental grocer, again I had no time to track down a grocer that carried it. I just omitted it, but added candied ginger to whipped cream topping.

Head over to Heather's blog for the recipe. If you have the book, "Baking From My Home to Yours, the recipe is on page 212.

12 comments:

Teanna said...

I left out the stem ginger as well, but it was amazing, nonetheless! Yours looks gorgeous!

chocolatechic said...

I didn't mess with it much.

I lessened the amount of ginger and doubled the icing.

Isabelle said...

c'est superbement réussi Lynne, comme d'habitude :)

Stephanie said...

It looks really good - too bad I buckled under crossed eyes and wrinkled lips - a definite moment of weakness!

Everyone's cakes look SOOO good

Tammy said...

your photos are gorgeous! I left out the stem ginger too because even though I like the flavour of ginger, I dont like big chunks of it

TeaLady said...

Looks just fine to me. I left out the stem ginger too.

Chez Us said...

I love the dark chocolate icing on your cake - YUM!

I could not find stem ginger so I used candied ... very good!

Joie de vivre said...

Oh wow, I'm hyperventilating.

LyB said...

I followed the recipe pretty much to a "t", aside from halving it, and I thought it was really good. Yours looks great! :)

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

This looks really good. I wish I had time to make it this week. Your photography is beautiful, by the way!

Amanda said...

I agree - no time for stem ginger! And didn't feel like anything was missing.

Jaime said...

yours turned out so much more presentable than mine!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.