Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tall and Creamy Cheesecake Topped with Fresh Blueberries and Raspberries-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF
I would have loved to play around with this yummy cheesecake if I had more time. With my family visiting, I knew if I was going to get this cheesecake made, I'd have to get up early to prepare it so it will have time to bake for the hour and a half, plus "luxuriate" in the water bath, cool to room temperature and refrigerate before we all went out for the day. However, I misjudged just exactly how long this process would take and our plans had to be altered so I almost regret making it. Apparently, I didn't read Dorie's caveat"Never rush a cheesecake to the table". Despite my breakneck speed in making the cheesecake, it made it to the refrigerator and we were able to enjoy a nice picnic and trail walk at Skidaway State Park near Savannah.

Anne over at AnneStrawberry choice was a good one for a crowd during the holidays. You can find the recipe with some creative twists on her blog and as always, check out the TWD blogroll for other variations of this decadently rich cheesecake.

19 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Looks wonderful.

I almost didn't do the water bath, but I am glad that I did.

Danielle said...

Your cheesecake came out great!
It looks so pretty with the fresh fruit

Christine said...

That cheesecake is screaming summer! Glad that you enjoyed it on your picnic it looks delicious!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Beautiful cheesecake! I love the cheesecake in the basket!

Leslie said...

I love your cheesecake! It looks so perfect (not entirely because of the great photos!)

Lynn said...

Well, I am jealous of your cheesecake, which looks super, and I think even more jealous that you were able to have a picnic. That's what I get for living in the tundra! Great job.

Isabelle said...

ta présentation est très raffinée lynn :) j'aime vraiment beaucoup ! j'ai beaucoup aimé ce gâteau

PheMom said...

Your cheesecake looks so pretty with all those berries piled on top.

vibi said...

Oooooh! What a nice change... so fresh, so springy!
Would it by any chance be summertime where you are? LOL ...we're still stuck in Siberia, with earthy caramels, nuts and heavy fruits... how I wish I could go join you for the rest of the season!
This is all magnifiscent! The pictures, the colours, the cake... everything!

Rachel said...

Oooh pretty! And so patriotic looking...

Erin said...

What a great choice to include blueberries!

rainbowbrown said...

I say plain cheesecake with fruit is a mighty fine treat. Great work.

Engineer Baker said...

Oh, now I totally want to eat this at a picnic. Especially since I see a foot of snow outside my window. Beautiful!

Kevin said...

That cheesecake looks so good!! I like the simple berry topping.


Have a great new year!

Rebecca said...

Ah, love the berries for "winter" in the South. Looks luscious!

HoneyB said...

This looks so summery! :) Love the fresh berries!

Jude said...

Would never have thought this cheesecake was rushed. So nicely done.

The Food Librarian said...

Lovely! Happy New Year!!! The fresh fruit make it look like summer.

AmyRuth said...

What a beautiful summery looking dessert! And the park? How fun is that?
Happy New Year
AmyRuth

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.