Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie-Rugelach

Print Friendly and PDF
I have seen Rugelach in some upscale bakeries, but I never knew what the mysterious little cookies contained until I read the recipe that Piggy from Piggy's Cooking Journal chose for this Tuesdays with Dorie edition. What a luscious combination of jam, cinnamon sugar, nuts, currants, and chppped chocolate. I knew I would like it especially since the dough contained cream cheese and butter which would surely make a tender cookie.

Just like the "little black dress", Rugelach will always be in style, as a fancy cookie for an elegant party or for a casual afternoon tea. Mine weren't as pretty as the photo in Dorie's book. I think I should have spread a thinner layer of jam as it oozed out of the cookie while baking. But this is the first time I have made this cookie, so I will be more careful in the future. A great cookie, though! Check out all the posts from the TWD blog roll on this wonderful little tea or coffee time treat. Grace from Piggy's Cooking Journal has the recipe.

13 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Not as pretty? They look pretty classy to me! Nice job, glad you liked them.

chocolatechic said...

The look great!

Susie Homemaker said...

huh? these are gorgeous! Great job!

Isabelle said...

c'est splendide ! j'aime beaucoup la touche " très classe " de tes photos

Jess said...

That's a beautiful picture - how elegant! Glad you liked the rugelach.

Emily Rose said...

I think yours look beautiful! I loved the flavor combinations too! I wasn't sure with the cinnamon/chocolate/fruit if it would taste right- but it was wonderful!

Beth said...

WOW! Those looks great! I'm a fellow TWD baker, and I was thinking that it would be nice if we all could chip in and get Laurie some small token/gift for all the work she does. Would you be willing to contribute? If I can get enough people, it would only be about $1 per person. No pressure :-) Let me know! bethberg12@yahoo.com

Jodie said...

Classy pics. They looks great!

Lynn said...

Yours look great, whenever I make rugelach, it is a mess. Good job.

HoneyB said...

I think they look very elegant sitting there with your tea (which is exactly what I had with my cookies!)

Heather B said...

I think they look great! Very delicious!

confectiona said...

What beautiful photos!

mimi said...

i think the oozing out is part of the charm! your rugelach look great!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.