Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF
Halloween has sneaked up on me this year, so after this post, I'm going to run out and buy a ton of treats because I get a ton of kids, all ages who trick or treat in my neighborhood. I love the little ones the most. The girls are so cute in their angel or princess costumes and the boys in their favorite football player, cowboy or ghoul costume. The Chocolate-Chocolate cupcakes are my only stab, no pun intended, at preparing for Halloween. Also, I am a little late posting today as my Internet was down so I've already seen the very expertly decorated cupcakes that Clara from iheartfood4thought chose for her pick this TWD edition.

I made six large cupcakes instead of the 12 standard size. The larger ones seem to photograph better than the smaller ones. The recipe made a scant 6, however, so a couple of mine were a bit on the small side. Dorie suggested filling them with marshmallow fluff which I did, but tinted the fluff orange. However, when I broke into the cupcake, the fluff seemed to have melded in with the cupcake. The lemon meringue cupcakes I made in a previous post had lemon curd piped in the center and I expected the marshmallow fluff to look the same. Maybe there's a "trick" for my "treat" there that I haven't figured out.

Clara has the recipe on her blog if you don't have the book "Baking From My Home to Yours", but also go over to the TWD site to see how everyone else decorated their Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes. See you for the next TWD edition when the group bakes Rugelach, chosen by Piggy from Piggy's Cooking Journal.


11 comments:

Teanna said...

Love that you tinted the fluff orange! So festive! They look great!

The Food Librarian said...

Super duper cute! Tinted fluff - that sounds so festive! And I love the silver stand.

CB said...

Mmmm... orange colored fluff. That sounds awesome. Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

chocolatechic said...

Looks great.

I wish I had made mine in a larger pan.

Engineer Baker said...

Love the little cupcake stand - too cool. I've heard from a couple people that the marshmallow filling just disappeared into the cupcake, which is just too weird.

Cafe Johnsonia said...

Love it! Great job!

kim said...

orange colored fluff, great idea! they look wonderful and very festive. happy halloween :)

Christine said...

I love the first picture, really gets me into the halloween spirit! Tinted fluff what a wonderful idea!

Tracey said...

Great idea to tint the fluff orange. I'll have to try that!

Leslie said...

Your cupcakes look amazing! I agree, the big ones do photograph better (and are easier to decorate!) Sorry your fluff disappeared.

AmyRuth said...

Your site, photos and cupcakes all looke equally amazing. I like the background ...nicely frames your photos. Sounds like you had a wonderful and fun Trick or Treat Season. Thanks for stopping by and leaving kind words.
AmyRuth

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.