Pages

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops -Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF
As you read this, we will be battling jet lag driving to Southern England, Wimborne area, to stay with our dear British friends. We plan on doing lots of day trips, going to antique stores to find some cool props for my food photography, having pub lunches and taking lots of photos. If I could, I would have take these Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops with me, that is, if there had been any left. They went as fast as the Chunky Peanut Butter Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip ones from last Tuesday's post. Rachel of Tangerine Tart chose this triple chocolate cookie loaded with chopped malted milk balls. Another great cookie from Dorie's book, "Baking From My Home to Yours."

After gathering all of my ingredients, the cookie dough came together in minutes. One of the secrets about baking these cookies is the rotation of the two pans from top to bottom and from back to front after half the baking time. By doing this, you are assured that the cookies bake evenly. The cookies freeze well if you have any left, but also keep 3 or 4 days in a tightly covered container.

Check out all the TWD posts on this little gem of a cookie. Rachel has the recipe on her blog.

19 comments:

Lori said...

have a fun trip! your cookies look great....

Engineer Baker said...

Freeze well? Bah, never had that problem :) Enjoy your day tripping!

chocolatechic said...

I love your staging of your photos.

Christine said...

Have a wonderful trip. Sounds like you are going to be having tons of fun! Your cookies look delicious!

Teanna said...

Glad they were a hit! Have fun on your travels!

rainbowbrown said...

Super yummy looking. So small and round.

Susie Homemaker said...

These look great!!

The DeL Sisters said...

Love your pictures!
I hope you get caught up on your sleep!

Pamela said...

Mmmmm...they look delectable! Hope you have a great time in England!

LyB said...

Oooh, they look delicious! I love the crushed Whopper on top, cute! :)

Heather B said...

Have a great trip! Cookies look delicious!

The Food Librarian said...

I love these! They look grand with the whopper topping!

SUGAR BETTY said...

I love your pics! Good job on the cookies.

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

Nice to hear that you're on this side of the pond, hope you're having a fabulous time! Your cookies look great!

Erin said...

These cookies look fabulous! Your pictures are great!

Maria said...

Great photos and cookies! Have fun traveling!

Andreea said...

oh sinfully delicious :)
plus some more good news (hint, hint)

Jude said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm going to start randomly throwing in whoppers in anything I bake from now on.

Nina Timm said...

I made these cookies too. My family thought it was delicious, but I like a more crispy cookie and these were not! Lovely photos as usual.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.