Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie-Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler

Print Friendly and PDF
Some desserts just aren't photogenic, even though the taste may be phenomenal. This cherry rhubarb cobbler is a case in point. I almost rolled the dough out to press in the pan as we did for the mixed berry cobbler instead of rolling the dough into balls as the recipe suggested.. With my family visiting this week, I haven't had a lot of time to think of creative substitutions, so stayed with the exact recipe except I didn't use the whole wheat flour in the topping.. As it turned out, the cobbler was wonderful. The rhubarb and cherries made a tangy sweet combination and the ground ginger added an oriental touch to the dessert. The cherry pitter in the photo above is a great little gadget to have around.

My post is short this Tuesdays with Dorie edition. Check out all the other cherry rhubarb cobblers on the TWD site. Thanks to Amanda of sprinkles on a cupcake for choosing the Cherry Rhubarb.

20 comments:

Teanna said...

I think the photo of your cobbler looks wonderful! Delicious!

Natashya said...

I want a cherry pitter! I am so jealous. I guess the stores around here figure cherry season is too short to carry them.
Your cobbler looks delish, I think it was probably better without the whole wheat flour.

Susie Homemaker said...

your cobbler looks so prety - and i need a pitter!!!

kim said...

your cobbler looks tasty, glad you liked it!

Dolores said...

You've managed to make your cobbler look photogenic. And I'm with you; my cherry pitter is one of my (new) favorite must-have kitchen tools. Wonderful for olives too.

Peabody said...

Love the cherry pitter picture. I love my cherry pitter. :)

The DeLadurantey Sisters said...

I agree! It was hard to get a nice picture of, we cut ours into hearts. Yours look great!

Heather B said...

Your cobbler looks delicious! Great job!

Engineer Baker said...

Not photogenic? I'd call that first pic with the cherries decidedly photogenic. And the cobbler looks pretty darned tasty too!

rainbowbrown said...

I'm going have to go ahead and disagree with you, lady. I think your cobbler photographed beautifully. Nice job!

Molly Loves Paris said...

I agree that this was a hard one to take a good photo of, but I think you did a really good job. The most photogenic bit was the dish a pitted cherries and diced rhubarb, but I forgot to get the photo.

Nickki said...

I love your pictures! Your cobbler looks lovely :)

CB said...

What the heck are you talking about? I absolutely love that photo of the cherry pitter! Great job!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

You certainly set a gorgeous table, and your cobbler looks very photogenic!

Patricia Scarpin said...

I think it looks superb - and delicious!

PheMom said...

I love love love both pictures! That pitter picture (say that 5 times fast!) is seriously adorable!

aaliyah said...

Forget that cute handy cherry thingy and give me that mug for iced tea anyday!

Your photos are great and the cobbler looks fantastic!

Look forward to your post next week!

Shari said...

Looks delicious! I appreciated my little-used cherry pitter a lot for this recipe!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Maya said...

Your cobbler looks beautiful!!

Alisha said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users.
I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit).
You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:
Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ).
Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.